Outdoor Recreation Training Staff member needed
Crusaders Training, a division of the Crusader Union of Australia, is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that exists to provide nationally recognised training in Outdoor Recreation, First Aid and Bronze Medallion for Crusaders staff, volunteers and other clients. The RTO’s major client, Summit Educational Camps, is a division of Crusaders that runs approximately 125 school camps a year, mostly for independent schools, with the aim sharing the Gospel through the camp experience. Crusaders Training seeks to equip all trainees with the skills to enable them to carry out their various roles with competence and professionalism and to grow them in their skills and personal development.
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING COORDINATOR
Crusaders Training is looking for a Christian with a background in Outdoor Recreation to be involved in the training and assessment of its students. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) Coordinator will also assist with the governance, administration and record keeping of the RTO as required. The role suits a person with a background in teaching, training and/or Outdoor Recreation who is excited to use those skills to equip people for Gospel ministry in the Outdoor Recreation sector.
Applicants for this position will have:
- Outstanding Christian character with a mature faith and a passion for sharing the Gospel with children. An active involvement with a local church would usually be demonstrated;
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent industry experience in a related field such as; Education, Training and Assessment, Outdoor Recreation and/or Theology;
- Competency and/or experience in outdoor activities. This may include abseiling, canoeing, rock climbing, sailing, challenge ropes courses, bushwalking, archery, and others;
- A desire to work closely with RTO staff in developing and implementing training programs;
- Excellent communication and management skills, including the ability to work with and teach both adults and children; &
- Exceptional organisational skills and office efficiency, and the ability to prioritise tasks;
Applications are now open, the role is Full-time and an annual package of $55,000 excluding superannuation is available for the successful candidate.
A full position description for the role can be found here: VET Co-ordinator
For information or an application form please contact:
The Crusader Union of Australia
care of firstname.lastname@example.org