The Crusader Union of Australia – Summit Educational Camps
Location: Galston, NSW 2159
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Summit Educational Camps, the division within CRU® that runs fully programmed camps for school groups during term times, is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Christian to join its team. The Staffing Co-ordinator is part of a small human resources team within the Summit division, providing administration, planning and pastoral care support for the wider Summit staff team. Working under the supervision of the Staffing Manager, this role seeks to fulfil the human resources needs of the Summit division to enable the smooth running of Summit camps through effective management of its staff team, and in order to best support CRU’s mission of reaching people with the gospel of Jesus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A mature and consistent Christian faith with active involvement in a Christian church with sound biblical teaching;
- A commitment to and belief in the value of camping for providing a positive environment for evangelism, and a willingness to be involved in such programs;
- Experience managing and/or mentoring staff or volunteers, as well as experience providing pastoral care or counsel to others in a professional or volunteer ministry capacity;
- Experience working with school-aged children, including leading on camps, serving in church kids and/or youth ministries, running games, co-ordinating sports or facilitating outdoor activities.
- Being a leader, director and/or speaker on approximately 12-15 Summit camps, as well as 1-3 CRU Holiday or Day camps (the exact number to be determined by the Director of Summit, based on the administrative demands of the position);
- Assisting the Staffing Manager with the human resources management of the Summit division including staff recruitment, applicant processing, staff rostering, leave processing and incident reporting;
- Assisting the Director of Summit and Staffing Manager with the training, development and pastoral care of Summit staff, including involvement in Summit’s mentoring program and co-ordination of CRU & Summit events (such as the Summit Thanksgiving Service);
- Additional administration and office management, particularly in support of the Staffing Manager and Director of Summit.
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to apply.
To apply, please:
- Download the full position description with selection criteria here: Staffing Co-ordinator
- Download and complete the online application form, which will provide an opportunity to upload a CV and cover letter.
If you have further questions, please contact Rhonda Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org