CRU Educational Camps
Location: Galston, NSW 2159
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Start Date: November 2019
CRU Educational Camps, the division within CRU® that runs fully programmed camps for school groups during term times. The Program Manager is primarily involved in the management of the Programs team, who plan and coordinate programs for CRU® Educational Camps, in order to best support CRU’s mission in reaching people for the gospel of Jesus. The 7 main areas will include:
- Managing the Program Coordinators to ensure a professional standard is provided during the camp booking and planning stages, and liaising with the Program Coordinators after camp, to design the following year’s program, to meet any schools’ changing camping requirements;
- Overseeing the Program Coordinators as they undertake the process of responding to new enquiries or rebooking existing groups, writing programs, providing costings, booking venues and facilities, and liaising with schools during our camps’ preparation stages;
- Visiting schools, including meeting with teachers to discuss changes to camping programs for current schools, and providing pre & post camp student visits for certain programs; as well as developing & refining current programs, writing & revising sessions (e.g. leadership, study skills & other senior school programs), and creating new activities;
- Monitoring, updating and executing our bookings and programming systems, procedures and policies; ensuring that all the necessary steps are completed for all camps;
- Reporting on the changing needs of CRU’s client schools, investigating changes within the educational camp industry, and tracking how we are delivering on our strategic goals;
- Leading, directing or speaking on 4-8 CRU Camps per year, including CRU Educational camps, Holiday Camps, and Day Camps;
- Administration and other tasks, as directed by the Director of Summit.
CRU is in the process of redeveloping its Lake Mac campsite, with Stage 1 due to be completed by Term 3, 2020. This represents an exciting new chapter for CRU, but also creates some unique and exciting challenges for the CRU staff. In the next 6-24 months, the Program Manager and their team will write and coordinate the first Educational Camp programs at the redeveloped site; work with CRU’s Outdoor Education and Training teams to coordinate new types of programs, activities and camp procedures; and liaise with other staff, including site staff at Lake Mac, to coordinate logistics and plans for running camps at the new site. It’s a great challenge, but will be a joy to see these new camps running for the first time at the new site.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mature and consistent Christian faith with active involvement in a Christian church with sound biblical teaching (as evidence of commitment to Christian ministry and service);
- A full agreement with CRU’s ‘Basis of Belief’;
- Interest and experience in working with students from school years K – 12;
- A commitment to and belief in the value of camping for providing a positive environment for evangelism;
- Qualifications in education, outdoor recreation, theology, hospitality management, or another relevant field;
- A desire to work closely with school staff in implementing programs;
- Ability to work independently and within a team, and to lead a team of up to 30 leaders;
- A commitment to pastoring and developing a team of leaders towards the goal of delivering the gospel through relational, educational camping;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent personal presentation;
- A strong eye for detail, coupled with energy and commitment;
- Flexibility and willingness to do whatever tasks are required (within the bounds of their skills/abilities), including a willingness to work irregular hours as necessary;
- Appropriate health and fitness to carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner;
- Friendly, approachable and polite demeanour;
- Exceptional organisational skills and efficiency, and the ability to prioritise;
- Good phone manner and costumer focus;
- Computer literacy, particularly in working with spreadsheets (such as Excel) or databases;
- Ability to apply Christian faith and principles in all areas of work responsibilities;
- Strong Bible knowledge and a clear understanding of the Bible’s application to the day-to-day lives of the students.
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to apply now. Applications will close as soon as the right applicant is found, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
To apply, please:
- Download the full position description with selection criteria here: Program Manager
- Complete the online application form, which will provide an opportunity to upload a CV and cover letter.
If you have further questions, please contact James Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org