The Crusader Union of Australia – Summit Educational Camps
Location: Galston, NSW 2159
Job Type: 12-month maternity leave cover, full-time
Start Date: Mid-April 2019
Summit Educational Camps, the division within CRU® that runs fully programmed camps for school groups during term times, is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Christian to join the team. Summit seeks to provide schools with an educationally exceptional camp experience for their students that keeps the schools coming back, in order to best support CRU’s mission of reaching people with the gospel of Jesus. The Outdoor Education Manager is the role within Summit that is primarily responsible for managing the Outdoor Education staff who deliver these programs, and helping to ensure these programs are delivered at the highest possible standard.
- Attending approximately 10 to 15 Summit camps during the year (the exact number to be determined by the Director of Summit, based on the administrative demands of the position) in the role of leader or camp director;
- Managing our current team of Outdoor Educators to ensure that our current programs are all run to the same high standard, and raising up the next generation of Outdoor Educators within the team (particularly the Outdoor Leaders);
- Overseeing the selection, training, development and performance of CRU Day Camps directors, as well as providing administrative support toward the running of CRU Day Camps, such as resource management and development of policies and procedures;
- Working with the Training Co-ordinator and Staffing Manager to oversee the development and well-being of our staff, through Summit’s various elements of training;
- Liaising with the Program Manager and Program Co-ordinators to ensure that the aims of the camp that are promised to schools before camp are delivered on the camp.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A mature and consistent Christian faith with active involvement in a Christian church with sound biblical teaching;
- A commitment to and belief in the value of camping for providing a positive environment for evangelism, and a willingness to be involved in such programs;
- Experience working with school-aged children, including leading on camps, serving in church kids and/or youth ministries, running games, co-ordinating sports or facilitating outdoor activities;
- Experience and ability in preparing and presenting Christian talks and small group studies;
- Ability to work independently, and within a team, and the ability to lead a team of up to 20 other leaders.
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to apply now. To apply, please:
- Download the full position description with selection criteria here: Outdoor Education Manager
- Complete the online application form, which will provide an opportunity to upload a CV and cover letter.
If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Houghton at email@example.com