Do you love Christ, kids and the outdoors?
Joining the Summit Team could be for you! Summit has the following positions available. Click below to see more details:
- Summit Fellowship Program – ministry training program preparing you for a lifetime!
- Outdoor Educator – direct the camp leadership team and speak on our school camps
- Casual Leaders – occasional leaders whilst on camp
Summit Fellowship Program
As a Summit ‘Fellow’ you can combine your passion for working with kids in the great outdoors with a job which has eternal significance. The ‘Ian Holt Memorial Fellowship’ is a 2 year ministry training program which equips young people for a lifetime of ministry. For over 20 years, Summit has been training young adults in Biblical theology, practical leadership and youth ministry skills as well as outdoor education. The Fellowship Program is a fantastic opportunity for you to receive professional training, get paid to develop your skills in Christian ministry and most importantly, share the Gospel with up to 6,000 school students each year!
What does a Summit Fellow do?
- Lead on residential school camps, running all outdoor activities as well as Christian education sessions
- Get trained in outdoor education to receive your formal qualification – Certificate II or Certificate III in Outdoor Recreation
- Develop knowledge of biblical theology through subjects in Moore College’s Preliminary Theological Certificate
- Learn more by visiting the Summit section of this website
- Fellows receive a training allowance package as well as board and lodging while on camp
- There is no charge for all the training received
How to Apply?
Two intakes of ‘Fellows’ occur each year- January and June. Applications are open now for January 2018, with interviews and trial camps happening during Term 3 and 4. However, the sooner we get your application, the more likely it is that we’ll be able to schedule you in – so apply now!
We get applicants from all walks of life; so if you have work commitments or university/HSC exams that clash with this timing, we can be flexible with the scheduling of interviews and trial camps.
To submit an application form:
- Fellows Application Form
- Fill it in
- Send the completed form, along with a resume and cover letter, to Lisa Mason, Staffing Manager, via:
– Mail: 8 Crusader Road, Galston NSW 2159
– Email the Electronic version to: email@example.com.
Applications for the January 2018 intake are now open
The Outdoor Educator is a crucial ministry role within Summit’s senior leadership team. Responsible for directing camps, leading our camp teams, writing and delivering talks, running outdoor recreation activities and liaising with teachers, this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a background in camping, education, and/or ministry.
Openings for an Outdoor Educator position arise approximately once a year. Contact our Director of Summit to send through a copy of your CV and signal your interest for when this role next becomes available.
Summit Educational Camps also have opportunities for casual employment. To apply for a casual position with Summit complete this Casual Application Form and send to Lisa Mason, Staffing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.